FusionWare mvLynx Driver, ODBC Edition
You want to access MultiValue data from your Windows network or the Web. You need to transact business and share data with other systems, while maintaining your MultiValue system and your investment in MultiValue-based data. With mvLynx Driver, ODBC Edition, you can quickly develop custom applications that open new business opportunities.
Easily build connections between MultiValue and other database systems
Create secure Windows,® Web and client/server applications
Be assured of open non-proprietary industry standards
Build connections between MultiValue and other database systems
Your custom applications can connect MultiValue data with any database systems with standard ODBC access—such as SyBase,™ Oracle,® SQL Server,™ DB2™ and others. Standard access means that your application will be insulated from changes in the underlying network or the DBMS version.
A Relational View of Things
The mvLynx Driver, ODBC Edition is ideal where the solution requires relationally formatted data. This is most often the case in pre-packaged applications like Excel or Crystal reports. For many tasks and in many situations, our newer technologies like the FusionWare mvLynx OLEDB Driver and FusionWare mvLynx Managed Provider will be a better investment, providing more up-to-date solutions and better performance, scalability and control over your data.
ODBC compliance opens MultiValue data to a growing number of standard Windows applications and Windows Web servers. mvLynx Driver, ODBC Edition gives Pick/Basic programmers the tools they need to quickly develop solid ODBC-compliant applications. It’s ideal for quick prototyping and product testing with Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools such as PowerBuilder® and Visual Basic.™
Develop secure, interactive Web applications that access your MultiValued data
Using ADO or ADO.NET you can build applications that leverage your MultiValued data, accessing the data either as relational tables or using Stored Procedures written using PICK/BASIC. ODBC Driver Edition provides a comprehensive mature set of tools for enhancing your business agility.
Get your data in motion, by creating relational views for your end-users
Wizards in the Relational Designer allow you to create point and click to easily create customized views for different users. Your users can now create their own ad-hoc reports using favorite applications such as Excel, Word, Cognos, Brio or Lotus.
- Most MultiValue databases including: uniVerse,™ UniData,™ mvBase,™ Reality X,™ mvEnterprise,™ D3,™ Advanced Pick,™ and more.
- Standard Web browsers and Internet/Intranet applications
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server
Any ODBC compliant Windows application or ISAPI-compliant Web Servers, including:
- Microsoft Office (incl. Excel)
- Business Objects® Crystal Reports
- Lotus® 1-2-3, Notes and Notes Pump
- COGNOS® Impromptu and PowerPlay
- Microsoft IIS Server
- Visual Basic (Visual Studio)
- SQL Server
- Andyne GQL™
- PowerBuilder™ and many more.
- mvLynx Relational Data Access Server—controls communication and access to the MultiValue database.
- mvLynx Driver, ODBC Edition—runs on one or more client computers.
- mvLynx Relational Designer—runs on one or more client computers.
- ODBC API Conformance: All Core and Level 1, and most Level 2 functionality.
- ODBC SQL Conformance: Full Minimum and Core SQL (except Subselects), some Extended SQL, including stored procedures. Stored Procedures: Associate a BASIC Subroutine with a stored procedure name. Full-featured callback API in BASIC (custom code required to return results to client applications).
- Discretionary INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE: Allows you to control which MultiValue files are updateable, so you can ensure that edit-checks, constraints, triggers and other features protect the integrity of your systems.
- Concurrency Control: Manual and AutoCommit transaction modes allow you to commit or roll back transactions. Optimistic and Pessimistic locking within Stored Procedures.
- Communication Protocols: Support for Serial, PicLan (IPX/SPX) and TCP/IP communications.
- Windows Application Support: Tested for compliance with most Windows applications.
- SQL Features: Up to 20 tables in a single SQL statement. Intelligent joins between tables, identifying item-IDs, and determining the optimal method of generating the result set. Supports up to 255 columns in a single SQL query, up to 32,000 bytes in a single result row.